aloha every day

aloha every day

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Mother, mother ocean

Today was my first day 
Back in the
Ocean
In a very long time.



I am:
Stoked
Elated
Peaceful
Healed

The term "ocean therapy" 
Exists for a very real reason.
 Until today,
I couldn't pinpoint exactly what that reason was...
Today, it became clear:
The ocean gives to each in unique ways. 
For my dear friend, mother ocean is a reminder of faith, that God is in control and if we just let go, we will be cared for.

For me, the ocean is the ONLY place 
The STOPS me
and
forces me to be here, now.
It is calming to be present in the moment,
Not thinking about yesterday or tomorrow...
To just BE.

With lovely thoughts of my salt water therapy session today,
 I leave you with lyrics of one of my all time favorite songs (covered best by Jack Johnson at Kokua Fest, in my humble opinion):



Mother, mother ocean, I have heard you call
Wanted to sail upon your waters since I was three feet tall
Youve seen it all, youve seen it all

Watched the men who rode you switch from sails to steam
And in your belly you hold the treasures few have ever seen
Most of em dream, most of em dream

aloha.


No comments: