aloha every day

aloha every day

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Health

Mind.
Body.
Spirit.

Three words which are spoken frequently in my household (I just typed that as "househole"...haha...which is kind of true because we live in a loft space and going down our ladder feels like going into a hole.  Haha. Househole...I feel another post coming on).

Hubs and I have been talking a lot lately about our general health.  I'm not just talking nutrition, although that is a frequent conversation topic, as well.  He, the carnivore, and I, the vegemite, work daily to fuse our tastes and preferences into culinary bliss.  We enjoy cooking together and usually we are blissfully and nutritionally successful, but other times we are lucky if the frozen Trader Joe's lasagna makes it from the freezer to the microwave.
Look, we're busy folks. 

Nutritional health is not the topic of concern in this post.  Today, I'm talking BALANCE.
A friend of mine recently posted on facebook that BALANCE is "constant motion in all directions."
All too often, I think of balance as a pull between two things...work and life, good food and junk food, relaxation and exercise. 
But you know what?
My friend is RIGHT!

You see, I didn't learn how to pirouette in ballet class until I understood how to push down with my standing foot, lift up through my thighs, push outward through my elbows and passe knee, and lift through my ears.
"Constant motion in all directions." 

Now, I'm not saying I was a good "turner"
and NOR am I very good
at balance in general.
I tend to focus on one priority for lengthy amounts of time,
and forget that there are other aspects to my life
that need some lovin'
some bucket fillin'
some BALANCE.

Constant movement in all directions...
...not just work.
That is my goal.
aloha.

  

No comments: