aloha every day

aloha every day

Sunday, June 24, 2012

My Favorite Restaurants on O'ahu

It wasn't until I moved away from O'ahu that I realized how many restaurants I enjoy on island!
I thought I'd comprise my list here on my little 'ole blog
for all those who may be interested!
Disclaimer: I am a vegetarian...so local plate lunches are not interesting to me, but if you are looking for those, I'm sure you'll find them without a problem!


Here goes:

1. The Cream Pot: 
A precious little breakfast restaurant on the outskirts of Waikiki (McCully side).
The decorations are reminiscent of a hobbit's house.
If you go, you must get the hashbrowns...to die for!  I always got the blueberry crepes with the red wine reduction sauce...ahhh!






2. Shorebird:
At the Outrigger Reef Hotel...right on the beach!  
Open air restaurant with live music some nights.
I always went to the bar side, as the main restaurant was a "grill your own meal" deal...not my thing.
Fish and Chips at the bar, however?  Totally my deal.


3. Brasserie du Vin:
French restaurant in the middle of downtown (not Waikiki).
GREAT happy hour, excellent baked brie!


4. Himalayan Kitchen:
Excellent food in the heart of Kaimuki.
Don't let the location fool you...Kaimuki is not the most beautiful area of O'ahu, but Himalayan Kitchen makes it all worth it!

5. The Olive Tree Cafe:
Incredible Greek food...the best I've ever had.
Cash only, dinner only, next to Kahala Mall, parking limited...all worth it!
Get the baba ganoush...you won't regret it!


6. Covenant Books and Coffee:
Great soups, soup du jour different daily...I LOVE the 
green chili corn chowder
Also THE BEST place to buy Hawai'ian coffee...HANDS DOWN!  Great roasted coffee beans.


7. Town:
Yet another lovely restaurant in Kaimuki
Local ingredients, gourmet menu, great breakfast 
(I like the granola and fruit...seriously delicious)!
8. Blu Water Grill:
On the marina in Hawai'i Kai.
Well-rounded, decently priced menu.
If the weather is nice, sit outside on the patio!
 Great for a Sunday brunch or a fancy-ish dinner.


9. Plumeria Beach House:
At the Kahala resort...open air restaurant, can sit outside or inside.
Great food, amazing atmostphere, spectacular resort!


10. The Contemporary Museum Spalding House Cafe:
Fun location partially up Tantalus.  Good food, neat museum!

11. Cafe Kaila:
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/37/1423189/restaurant/Hawaii/Kaimuki/Cafe-Kaila-Honolulu
Favorite place for a brunch/lunch date with friends!
Great food, using local ingredients.


I'm sure I'll think of more, but for now...that's it!  Eat up!
aloha.



No comments: