aloha every day

aloha every day

Monday, May 28, 2012

Can you smell it?

...
Summer's coming!
I can smell it in the air, 
can you?

Do you know what that MEANS?
Think
think
think...

SALAD!
Lots of it!

Here are my two favorite salad dressing recipes for summertime:

1- Mix equal parts fat free greek yogurt (I like Fage) with your favorite salsa.  Then, pour it over a big bed of greens!  I also like to add corn, black beans, and (if I'm feeling rebellious) some crushed tortilla chips.  YUM!

2- The beautiful momma of one of my besties makes a lemon garlic dressing that is TO LIVE FOR!  I like to pour it over greens topped with various veggies, such as red peppers and carrots.  For a super-summer version, add some sliced strawberries...you won't regret it!
1/4 c. lemon juice, 1/2 c. EVOO, 1 tsp. salt, 3-4 crushed garlic cloves 
(mix it all together...makes enough for MANY salads)


aloha.

No comments: