aloha every day

aloha every day

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gracias, Mahalo,

It's that time of year again....thankful time!  
Gobble Gobble

I will start with a sweet little story:
At the beginning of the year, I started a "Thankful Board" in my classroom.  It was intended to be a positive way to start the day, you know, we all say one thing that we are thankful for?  Well, somewhere between "the 1st quarter is over" and "we have a lot to do before Christmas", there were a few days where I intentionally skipped talking about our "thankful things" (as my students call it).  I figured that we needed to get to work in order to accomplish all that I had planned for that day.  
However, plan to abort thankful things was quickly shot down.  One of my wonderful students (all of whom I adore) knew right away that we hadn't said our thankful things and said, "But Mrs. Scacco, what about our thankful things?  I want to tell you my thankful thing!"
Oh, Lord in Heaven above.
Like I'm really going to let that one pass.
And so we sat around the blue table.
And talked for 10 minutes about...
Our Thankful Things.
Bless this boy!  Whether his intention was to talk about this thankful thing, or to get out of classwork, he reminded me that there is no "work" more important than the work of gratitude.
Yet another reminder to SLOW DOWN Mrs. Scacco!
I am thankful for all of my students. They keep my mind in check. 

With that in mind, here are my other thankful things:
My family:


I don't have a picture of Tony and Melissa readily available, or it would go here!  Along with Baby Girl Sophia!

My apartment:
In one word, SAFETY!  Although there was a fire on the 23rd floor tonight, yikes!  We were not damaged, though.

My health, although I have a nasty cold right now, I am in good overall health!  Yeah!

Hawaii:
This little slice of heaven is 10 minutes from my apartment, and I'm usually the only person there!

My husband:
Goofy picture, but come on, aren't we cute?




No comments: