aloha every day

aloha every day

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Celebrate Life

   This is a post from last year that I forgot to publish.  It has been in my draft folder for a year.  Does that tell you anything about how busy we've been.  While reading, remember that this was LAST YEAR at this time.

Brandon's graduation!


The view from our new apartment



Our honeymoon




It has certainly been 7 months since my last post and there has been SO MUCH going on...Here's the run-down:


In February, we were both accepted to school at UH! Nick is going to get his Masters in Educational Foundations and I am getting my masters in Special Education. We are excited and a little nervous about the time and concentration that going back school is going to take away from our free time!


In March we went on our honeymoon in Portland...it rocked! Spent time in Manzanita and then in the city. Despite the cold, we really liked the city itself!


Shortly after we returned from our honeymoon, our apartment was burglarized. It was a crazy experience, to say the least. Luckily neither of us were home when the burglar came. Our neighbors saw him knocking on our door, but just thought he was a friend of ours. He took our computers, camera, guitar, and jewelry. We learned a lot about security and what we will and will not accept as a living space. I had been inhibited about living there, but did not listen to myself...


The next week, we moved into a wonderful new apartment! Despite the reasoning behind why we moved, we feel like we are meant to be here! We now have a pool, bbq area, basketball courts, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a rockin' view and LOTS of security!


Unfortunately, the week after we moved in, Nick's dad passed away. We are so glad that he had the chance to visit us here on Oahu in January. He loved it here and was talking about another trip to visit us. We are so sad that he never got that chance. We are so extremely heartbroken over his passing.  His life was too short, as was Dona's.  My husband is amazingly strong, and I am right here beside him for when he doesn't feel so strong.


The next weekend, Brandon graduated from college at U of A with a bachelor's degree in Classics. I am so proud of him. We always been really close, like twins, and I couldn't have been more emotional as he walked across that stage! He moved to San Diego and is now living with Kevin.




After the Illinois/Arizona trip, I came back to O'ahu for the Punahou dance recital. My kiddos really did well! The next week, I headed back home to NM to help my mom organize the "Stuff" from my childhood and beyond. It was a week full of action, to say the least. We got everything organized, though, and I now have a new nickname... the "Slave Driver".


I'm now finally back on the island indefinitely and am so thankful to be home. Nick and I have been able to spend a lot of quality time together that we haven't had a lot of time to do since our wedding. It's been a crazy first 6 months of marriage! So crazy, in fact, that I am JUST NOW changing my name! Wow!

Aloha.





No comments: