aloha every day

aloha every day

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Another gift from the sea

Yesterday, 
I had a day to myself,
at the shore...
all alone...
glory!

It's not that I don't love company
because I do,
however
there is nothing 
more sacred to me
than a few hours alone
at the beach.

I do my best thinking there.
I feel my best self there.
I feel most at peace there.

So yesterday, as I was drifting along the water's edge,
mother ocean taught me another beautiful life lesson.
It goes as such:

Just when the pathway ahead looks impenetrable, the water too deep,
a path opens up, as the tide retreats
and beckons us to move forward...
if we are adventurous,
we step forward
into the clearing...
knowing of the joys that may await,
the discoveries to encounter
the gifts from the sea...
When suddenly, 
the tide returns 
and we find ourselves
"knee-deep"
in what once seemed untouchable...
and, you see, it is up to US
at that point
as to whether we will:
1) dig our heels into the earth, find our balance, and wait out the tide
-or-
2) retreat.

Dig in!

aloha.

No comments: