aloha every day

aloha every day

Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Cream Pot

There is a special little restaurant right around the corner from our apartment called
The Cream Pot

It is everything that I would have loved and adored as child...and still do!  
When I was a little girl, I loved all things creamy...
whipped cream...
clouds...
off-white (no joke)...
fluffy pillows

Fortunately, and unfortunately (for my physique), my obsession with cream continues...
I married a man who loves real-fat products, like heavy whipping cream in coffee
I now love whipping cream coffee...
Thank God I grew up dancing, as my awareness of fitness has so far cancelled out the damage done by cream.

When The Cream Pot opened around the corner, I knew it was my type of place!
When Mom was here recently, we took her there.  Here are a few images captured during that breakfast!
Enjoy the creaminess of it all...
  
This is the inside of the restaurant.  It is decorated as if hobbits live there.  The little street light leads to the kitchen.


Nick with his favorite menu item...a pure chocolate drink (cacao)

Please excuse us...we had just woken up

All of the coffee accessories are miniature...and creamy

This is a hobbit door, at least I think. I've never actually opened it.  I'll try next time.

This is the indoor entrance, filled with little things

And my favorite part, a red wine reduction, blueberry crepe, with fresh lavender cream on top, and a tiny purple flower.  Really.

This is the staircase leading from the outdoor entrance.  Every detail was paid attention to.  Gotta love it!

No comments: